Tomorrow I am going on a trip to TEXAS!!! Yea, Texas. The whole family, minus the dogs, will be truckin’ south about 4 hours to visit Caleb’s grandma for the first time ever. I am excited about this trip for several reasons:
- I’ve never been to the Northwest Part of Texas. I’m looking foward to the drive.
- I’ve never met Caleb’s grandma, and the last time he saw her was when he was 5. I’ve heard she’s a nice lady. This should be interesting.
- NO DOGS–not that I hate our precious pets or anything, but geez. I’ve come dangerously close to beating the hell out of them about 50 times this week, and I desperately need a break. Dogs, meet the kennel. Kennel, say hello to the dogs.
- I am getting out of the house (insert heavenly choir of angels here). This gives me a solid excuse for wearing something besides ratty old clothes. I may attempt to wear a little make-up…if I remember how to apply it correctly. Maybe I should pick up a Cosmo to read in the car.
- Most importantly, I will finally have an opportunity to use my most prized new possession–A fabulous pink and black cooler tote I got at Target not too long ago. This little baby caught my eye back in January, and when my mom sent me a gift card for Easter, I decided to make it mine once and for all. I did not consult Caleb before the purchase–it was one of those things I knew he would not approve of, or at the very least would suggest buying it in a different color, like "please-shoot-me-navy-blue" or "uber-manly-forest-green". Well listen up, punk. MY gift card, MY choice. And I choose pink. That’s right–PINK. Deal with it. Get over it. Embrace it. Love it. Fear it. When you live in a house full of girly-girls, it’s best to just smile and nod and carry the heavy bubble-gum-princess-pink cooler for us.