I’ve been in Florida.
And now I’m back home.
I saw a million people. We did a million things. Some highlights:
- Droving all the way to Florida with no pillows, blankets, coolers full of food or portable DVD player for the kiddies after a freak storm in Dallas pushed us so far down the standby list it looked like we’d never catch a flight. Good times. Good times.
- Finally seeing our friends Chad and Jaimie, their kids Coben and Siena, and their blood-thirsty guinea pig Sally, for the first time in many many years.
- Having a Father’s Day blowout with the entire family at Caleb’s dad’s house.
- Taking Mia to the beach and seeing dolphins–close!
- Screaming at Sam’s glorious new ENGAGEMENT RING!
- Meeting my future brother-in-law Marty for the first time.
- Going on a date with my husband and staying out partying at a beach bar until 4:00 a.m.
- Seeing Reese and Merrick play…not so well together. But at least they were together, and babies together are always cute.
- Dress shopping with my sisters and my mom.
- Celebrating my 29th birthday with my family over Joe Patti’s seafood, chocolate cheesecake, and cold beer.
- Nursing Merrick back to health after he came down with a wicked bad cold and a double ear-infection.
- Getting on the plane to come home, convienently and easily, and getting from Pensacola to Oklahoma City in 3 hours. Awesome.
It’s good to be home.