Second day home alone without the kids. Alright, so I got bored. I’ve been planning to do something like this anyway, and I’ve finally gotten around to figuring out the specifics. Art classes! Here! At my house! Which is pristinely clean, all the time! Not.
Local people might be the only folks interested in this, but I will be offering art classes for small children on Thursdays starting in September. Little kids are so great in that they already know how to “let go”. I only hope to give them a little direction and let them experiment with different materials, explore some new styles and learn about a few artists that pretty much everyone in the world either knows or should already know about. It’s going to be totes fun, and messy. Which is glorious.
I’ve decided to limit the class size to 4 kids per time slot. Any more than that and I won’t be able to really give each child enough attention. Plus they’ll gang up on me and I’ll run screaming from the room, vowing never to touch a paintbrush again.
I’ve also come up with some bomb art projects that we can do, which will require the purchase of an extensive variety of materials. No crayons and copy paper for these kiddos! I’m super-excited.
So without further ado, I am attaching all the information a parent could initially want. I’ve got a few other papers in the works but here are the basics:
Super Fun and Awesome Art Classes
Fall Session: Famous Artists
For who? Children ages 3- 6. (An evening session will be offered for kids up to 9 years old.)
Where? My house: address so totally not going to be posted online.
What day? Thursdays, Sept. 13th-Oct. 25th (no class on October 18th)
What time? 3 time slots (please call for availability):
- morning (10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- afternoon (1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- evening (4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) *for kids up to 9 years old.
How Much? Cost is $100 for 6 weeks per child, to be paid on the first day of class.
- Supplies are included.
- Please wear clothes that are okay to get really messy!
- Class size is limited to 4 students per time slot.
- Sign-up ends September 7th.
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to stay for the class!
- We will be covering art by Wassily Kandinsky, Peter Max, Frida Kahlo, Jackson Pollock, Salvador Dali, Ansel Adams and Edward Weston.
- Gallery Night will be held in November, specifics (time, date, location) to be determined.
- For more detailed syllabus please call or e-mail.
Contact information: Leave a comment or message me on Facebook with your e-mail and I will get back to you, since this is the internet and there are weirdos. If you know me, pass this along and help me spread the word!