- The first suggestion on his list of things to do during Mom and Son Week 2014 was pedicures at the mall. I kid you not.
- He said this morning, and I quote: “I love your stretch marks, Mom. They are so cool. They look like tiger stripes. I wish I had some.”
- He asked if we could eat breakfast in bed because “that will give us more time to cuddle before we have to get up.”
- He is all about having cheese grits for dinner.
- He is kind of the best boy in the whole wide world.
We are surviving camp week–Caleb and Mia left yesterday and already, Merrick and I have crammed in toy shopping, pedicures (polish for me, foot rub for him), lunch, swimming lessons, plus cleaning and cooking and just generally going on with our bad selves. I am so enjoying this time with my son, after the hustle and bustle of the last few months, yet before the crazy back-to-school/moving/new baby rush that will start up in just a few short weeks. Time is going by too fast for me.
I love my son. I love my son. I just love him.